History of Parker & Hammond Opticians
Parker & Hammond Opticians was founded by Sydney Parker who originally qualified as a chemist in the 1920’s and established a pharmacy in South Harrow. In 1931 Mr Parker qualified as an optician with the Institute of Chemist Opticians and in 1934 incorporated an opticians practice within his pharmacy.
Susan Hammond, daughter of Sydney Parker, qualified as an optician in 1963 with The College of Optometrists and joined the family business. In 1976 the optician’s was separated from the pharmacy and moved to the adjacent building which is now St. Lukes Hospice on Northolt Road.
Parker & Hammond Opticians’ outstanding delivery of eyecare to the highest standard and growing patient numbers led us to relocate to our present premises in 1995.
In 2007, Susan Hammond passed on the practice to Sachin Patel who had worked with her since 2003 and Dipesh Chhatralia who worked at the Oxford Eye Hospital since 2001.
Mr Parker’s vision to deliver first class clinical care continues today as the practice continues to develop.